Our organization strives to strengthen our children’s education and development through a collaborative effort of parents, educators, and the community. The Parent Teacher Organization (PTO) plans and sponsors numerous activities throughout the year. Through our fundraising and service efforts, we support projects that benefit our students. New this year, we will be accepting cash donations alongside volunteer efforts. Donations are tax deductible as the Roland-Story PTO is an exempt organization as described in Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code.
During the 2015-2016 school year, PTO allocated over $35,000 to the elementary and middle school, fulfilling requests for the following items: microscopes, field trips, Phonemic Awareness, reading comprehension aides, Therapy Balls, math puzzles, books, pencil sharpeners, and classroom supplies.
The Scholastic Book Fair was a great success! The Book Fair raised over $2,500 in Scholastic dollars to purchase books for the Elementary School. Thank you to all who purchased books or volunteered their time to ensure the book fair was up and running smoothly.
Also a huge thanks is extended to all those who volunteered their time and resources to provide suppers for all our wonderful teachers during conference time. It was very much appreciated!
“Get out the Vote!”
Please plan to attend any of these informational meetings to discuss the upcoming bond on the proposed Elementary and High school Renovations. Mr. Patton will be holding public meetings to discuss the proposed bond and the impact on the school as well as the tax payers. All of the meetings will discuss the same issues so you only need to attend one.
- November 22, 2016 at 7:00 pm – High School Library (Story City)
- December 1, 2016 at 7:00 pm – Middle School Library (Roland)
- February 2, 2017 at 7:00 pm – High School Library (Story City)
- February 6, 2017 at 7:00 pm – Middle School Library (Roland)
More information can be found at the link below
- January – Family Movie Night (Date TBA)
- February 9 – PTO meeting at the Elementary School Library 7:30
- February 14th – Middle School Conferences and Teacher Suppers
- February 24th – Elementary School Carnival Night
- March 2nd – PTO meeting at the Elementary School Library 7:30
We Need YOU!!
Volunteers make up 100% of the effort behind PTO’s programs. Any amount of time you can commit is important to our kids and the schools. If you are interested in volunteering, please contact a committee chairperson or a member of the PTO board.