Our organization strives to strengthen our children’s education and development through a collaborative effort of parents, educators, and the community. The Parent Teacher Organization (PTO) plans and sponsors numerous activities throughout the year. Through our fundraising and service efforts, we support projects that benefit our students. New this year, we will be accepting cash donations alongside volunteer efforts. Donations are tax deductible as the Roland-Story PTO is an exempt organization as described in Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code.
During the 2016-2017 school year, PTO allocated over $37,000 to the elementary and middle school, fulfilling requests for the following items: exercise balls, kore wobble chairs, field trips, Phonemic Awareness, reading comprehension aides, greenhouse shelving, books, Time magazine subscriptions for students, and classroom supplies.
Halloween Costume Giveaway!
Thank you to everyone who donated to the Halloween Costume ! Over 60 costumes were donated and 30 children left with a huge smile and a “new” costume to wear this Halloween. A large thank you goes out to Kristin Mooneyham-Johnson, Nichelle Drummond-Hall, and Megan Gustafson for coordinating this event!
Can and Bottle Recycling Day
HUGE thank you to everyone who came out in the rain and donated their time to sort recyclables and thanks to those of you who donated. We had over 120 bags of cans and a trailer full of bottles to turn in to the Webster City Redemption center. Thanks to Erica and Dwaine Watts for allowing us to use their garage as a makeshift sorting center,Erika Niezgoda and Jeff Lekwa for the use of their horse trailer, Amy Colwell for transporting the trailer to Webster City, and to Adam Byersdorfer for use of his RAGBRAI bus to haul.
The Roland-Story PTO greatly appreciates the support of our community residents and businesses for their donations for this project.
- October 16- Fall Novelty Sale begins
- A new feature we have this year is the ability to pay by credit card here Fall Novelty Sale
- You can still order by cash or check if you prefer just send the order forms back to schools.
- If you have any questions please feel free to contact Amy Colwell at email@example.com.
- Printable forms can be found here Fall PTO Novelty sale 2017
- October 27th – Fall Novelty Sale ends/order forms due back to school
- November 2nd thru 9th- PTO Book Fair at the Elementary School Library
- Volunteers are needed to run the book fair
- Sign up here Book Fair Volunteer Sign up
We Need YOU!!
Volunteers make up 100% of the effort behind PTO’s programs. Any amount of time you can commit is important to our kids and the schools. If you are interested in volunteering, please contact a committee chairperson or a member of the PTO board.