Our organization strives to strengthen our children’s education and development through a collaborative effort of parents, educators, and the community. The Parent Teacher Organization (PTO) plans and sponsors numerous activities throughout the year. Through our fundraising and service efforts, we support projects that benefit our students. New this year, we will be accepting cash donations alongside volunteer efforts. Donations are tax deductible as the Roland-Story PTO is an exempt organization as described in Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code.
During the 2015-2016 school year, PTO allocated over $35,000 to the elementary and middle school, fulfilling requests for the following items: microscopes, field trips, Phonemic Awareness, reading comprehension aides, Therapy Balls, math puzzles, books, pencil sharpeners, and classroom supplies.
Thank you to all who came out and voted at the Bond Issue in February. It passed and we are excited to be moving forward in the renovations for all 3 schools!
The PTO Carnival was a great success again this year despite the weather. It was great to see all the families out having fun. Huge thanks to all our volunteers! This could not be a success without all of YOU!
- March 2nd – PTO meeting at the Elementary School Library 7:30
- March 6th – 9th – Spring Book fair – Elementary School Library (Volunteers needed!)
- March 7th – Elementary School Conferences
- March 31st – Middle School Dance; 6:00-7:30pm – 5/6 grade; 7:30-9:30pm – 7/8 grade
- April (TBA) – Plant Sale and Mileage Club
- April 6th – PTO meeting at the Elementary School Library 7:30
- April 8th – Can and Bottle Recycling day
- May 1st -5th – Teacher Appreciation week
- May 11th – PTO meeting at the Elementary School Library 7:30 (Last meeting of school year!)
- May 18th – ‘Lil Norse Relays (May 19th – Rain Delay Date)
We Need YOU!!
Volunteers make up 100% of the effort behind PTO’s programs. Any amount of time you can commit is important to our kids and the schools. If you are interested in volunteering, please contact a committee chairperson or a member of the PTO board.